Agency dating sevastopol Adult friend finder free text chat
In 1333 a Latin Church diocese of Chersonnesus was established, but it appears that it had only a bishop, a Dominican called Richard the Englishman.
The walls enclosed an area of about 30 hectares (74 acres).
A form of oath sworn by all the citizens since the 3rd century BC has survived to the present day.
In the late 2nd century BC Chersonesus became a dependency of the Bosporan Kingdom.
The city fell under Genoese control in the early 13th century.
In 1299, the town was sacked by the Mongol armies of Nogai Khan's Golden Horde.
In 833 Emperor Theophilus sent the nobleman Petronas Kamateros, who had recently overseen the construction of the Khazar fortress of Sarkel, to take direct control over the city and its environs, establishing the theme of Klimata/Cherson.